Global law firm Clyde & Co has announced the promotion of 23 equity partners, effective May 1.
The promoted partners represent each of Clyde & Co’s core sectors and each of its global regions. There were 14 promotions in insurance, five in projects and construction, three in energy, marine and natural resources, and one in aviation.
Eight of the promoted partners are based in North America, seven in the UK, five in the Middle East and Africa, two in continental Europe and one in Asia-Pacific. Clyde & Co has nearly 60 offices and associated offices across six continents.
For the second time in three years, more than half of the promoted partners were women.
“We are a firm that has always valued growth, for the benefit of our people and our clients,” said Carolena Gordon, Clyde & Co senior partner. “While we are very proud to regularly welcome new partners and colleagues from outside the firm, it is particularly satisfying and important to be able to promote exceptional talent from within.
“Our diverse 2022 team of new partners have all displayed the legal skills, client focus and technical expertise that we expect from our people, but they have also demonstrated the collegiality, leadership skills, drive and empathy that we look for in our partners and leaders. They are a credit to the firm, and I wish them well in the next stage of their careers.”
The following attorneys were promoted to equity partner:
- Vanessa Lim, Singapore (insurance)
- Olga Jefremova, Paris (insurance)
- Luis García Suárez, Madrid (projects and construction)
Middle East and Africa
- Roshanak Bassiri Gharb, Dubai (insurance – corporate)
- Ina Iyer, Johannesburg (insurance)
- Thomas Lawrenson, Johannesburg (insurance)
- Christopher MacRoberts, Johannesburg (insurance)
- Jonathan Parker, Doha (projects and construction)
- Noémie Bégin, Montreal (insurance)
- Jared Clapper, Chicago (insurance)
- Meghan Goodwin, New Jersey (insurance)
- Matthew Harvey, San Francisco (insurance)
- Daniel Lever, Miami (projects and construction)
- Nena Mashaw, Washington, D.C. (insurance)
- Alexander Ross, Chicago (insurance)
- Marta Jarque Branguli, London (energy, marine and natural resources)
- Giovanna Cabbia, London (energy, marine and natural resources)
- Laura Coates, London (projects and construction)
- Nicholas Harding, London (aviation)
- Christopher Leadbetter, London (projects and construction)
- Marie-Anne Moussalli, London (energy, marine and natural resources)
- Andrew Tolmie, Edinburgh (insurance – casualty)